This story was originally published Last updated .
OnePlus has released the third open beta for the 8 and 8 Pro, which comes with various bug fixes in ambient display and Zen mode, making the canvas compatible with the ever-present new ambient display. There is nothing particularly exciting here – mostly bug fixes and updates – but it should create a completely consistent experience. The company has now also released related downloads on its website.
With the above fixes, the security link has been updated to October, which is a bit late compared to Google and Samsung devices. Check out the full changelog below:
- Improved call UI smoothness
- Optimal background process management algorithm to improve performance with sand
- Fixed an issue where text was blocked in some games
- Improved the issue of input text being blocked in some games
- Improved system stability and standard common issues
- Android Security Patch has been updated to 2020.10
- Ambient view
- Improved the animation effect with the canvas, smoothing out the opening experience
- Canvas now supports always running ambient view (Settings-ambient display-always-ambient display- select “all day”
- Zen mode
- Fixed a low probability issue that stopped the system settings interface when Zen mode was enabled
Warning: Be aware that there is an error clearing all user data for some of the current beta channels – they have incorrectly received the standard Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11 update instead of the open beta 3. Double-check that you have provided the correct OTA file before installing, if you have received it incorrectly, follow the instructions here.