April begins with the most positive news for the entire universe of modding on Android devices: Developers LineageOS, Is one of the most desired and supported Android custom ROMs Introduced Version LineageOS 18.1 based on Android 11. Yes, you got it right: the team was able to fully compile the custom ROM with the AOSP branch Android 11 Thus providing all the news of the latest big release of Android with the usual Linzos features.
What’s New in LineageOS 18.1
LineageOS 18.1 comes with numerous innovations and features, the most important of which we list below:
- All security patches from April 2020 to March 2021 are compiled from Linage OS 15.1 to Linage OS 18.1;
- Webview Chromium updated to version 89.0.4389.105;
- Recorder usage has been deeply improved from several perspectives:
- The recording screen has been changed to fit the AOSP screen
- The interface has changed to make it easier to see and manage
- You can choose the quality of the audio recordings to save memory space
- Records can be paused and restarted
- Music usage, Eleven, now shows a more modern interface;
- All LineageOS applications support dark mode;
- LineageOS Recovery has an excellent and accessible interface;
- The firewall can now block any connection by convincing applications that the phone is in airplane mode;
- Added new UI for managing system modules.
The initial list of smartphones that support LineageOS 18.1 is quite extensive and we expect it to grow in the next few weeks. Don’t despair if your device is not in the top 60: Most “unofficial” Lineage OS versions are released and are supported equally for some time.
Here is the complete list of smartphones that support LineageOS 18.1:
How to Install LineageOS 18.1
Before installing any custom ROM and Linezos 18.1, you need to open the boot loader via Linezos custom recovery or via TWRP. When done, download the customROM for your device and install it via recovery. Finally, LineageOS 18.1 comes with Google apps without pre-installed Google apps, so you need to download them if you want to use them. MindTheGapps.