SNK Corporation today released the King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match (COF 2002 UM) digitally on the PlayStation 4 for 99 14.99. A body version will be released this spring. KOF 2002’s soup-up series KOF 2002 UM offers many new features on the PS4, including an expanded list of 66 characters, revised graphics and capabilities. Thanks to the newly introduced Rollback Network, online competitions run very smoothly.
Online features include:
- Rollback Network – KOF 2002 UM features a state-of-the-art rollback netcode that drastically reduces lag in online competition. Players can adjust the settings to enhance the online gaming experience.
- Quality of Life Improvements for Online Versus Mode – KOF 2002 UM offers online features that allow players to analyze their matches and learn from their mistakes. These include the ability to watch your last ten online matches again, a win / lose counter and cooldowns to prevent you from competing again after a successful lap.
- Two unique online methods – The results of the “Rank Match” match are shared and compared online, with players in the “Player Match” setting up against their own systems.
- 66 available fighters In addition to the original KOF 2002 characters, fighters from earlier episodes, hidden characters and a special character called “NAMELESS” make up the largest list of all KOF games to date.
- Improved graphics and background music – Every demo screen, every cut scene and every winning screen has been completely redesigned. The soundtrack of the game was mastered to intensify the competition.
- Many new and old moves – New attacks and special attacks created exclusively for this topic, but old moves are coming back. In addition, game dynamics and character abilities have been redesigned.
- Key MAX Mode and MAX2 Update – All attacks of despair at KOF 2002 can be canceled through the “MAX Mode” system. The final “MAX2” moves are more enjoyable and easier to operate.