Shazam has long been the most popular music recognition and discovery app for users. If you ever recognize a sweet song playing in your neighborhood, you can use the app to instantly find the title and artist of the song. But did you know that you can use Shazam on your iPhone and iPad without downloading the app? Yes, you got it right! You do not need to download this iOS Music Discovery app to find songs playing in the background. Read on to learn how to easily use Shazama on your iPhone.
Use Shazam without downloading the app on iPhone (2022)
Requirements for adding a Shazam icon to the Control Center
Following the acquisition of Shazam in 2018, Apple introduced Shazam-powered system-level song recognition for the iPhone and iPad at the release of iOS 14.2 / iPadOS 14.2 last year. So make sure your device runs on iOS 14.2 or later, compatible with Native Music Recognition feature powered by Shazam.
To change, you can Add the Shazam icon in the Control Center Identify all the songs on your iPhone or iPad from the control center and from the lock screen. If you want to use Siri, you can also use the voice assistant to identify songs. Apple’s voice assistant also uses Shazam’s music discovery directory for instant song recognition.
Add the Shazam icon to the Control Center on the iPhone and iPad
1. To start, open Settings application On your iPhone or iPad. Now scroll down and “Tap”Control Center“.
2. Under “More restrictions“, Find and press Music Authorization Control “+” Button Next to add it to the control center.
3. Now the music recognition option will appear in the “Added Controls” section. Depending on your needs, you can rearrange the order in which commands appear in the Control Center. To do this, touch the three horizontal lines next to the music recognition option and drag them to the desired location.
4. Now to open the Control Center, swipe down from the top right with Face ID on iPhones or from bottom to top on iPhones with Touch ID. As shown below, you will find the Shajam Icon here:
Use the Shazam Music Recognition Tool to identify songs on the iPhone
Once Shazam’s music recognition icon is added to the control center, identifying the songs is a snap. Follow the steps below to learn how it works:
1. First, open the Control Center on your device using the supported gesture.
- On iPhone and iPad without Home Button: Swipe down from the top right corner of the screen to access the Control Center.
- The Home Button on the iPhone and iPad has: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to display the control center.
2. Press now Shajam Icon. You will see the icon animate and the text “”.Shazam Music Recognition: Enabled”Appears at the top of the control center.
3. If a song is playing around you, Shahzam will immediately recognize it and inform you of the name of the song along with the name of the artist.
Your device will immediately recognize the song and display its name above. Tapping this notification will take you to Apple Music, where you can listen to the song. Very awesome, isn’t it?
Although Shazam is designed to work seamlessly with Apple Music, you can still connect to Shazam with Spotify if you are not a fan of Apple’s music streaming service. After linking Shazam with your Spotify account, the Music Discovery app will show you the Spotify links you use to identify a song each time.
Identify songs using Siri on iPhone and iPad
Directed by Shajam, Siri is also good at recognizing songs. So if you ever hear a song playing, call Sri “What song is this?“. The voice assistant will immediately recognize the song and display its name on the screen. If you want to get the most out of Siri, go to this article to find 50 Cool Siri tricks.
See the songs you have identified using Shazam on iPhone
With Shazam you can quickly see the history of all the songs you have identified from the control center of your device. How it works:
1. First, go to Control Center on your iPhone or iPod.
2. Next, Long press the Shazam icon View the full history of the songs you have identified using the service on your device.
Get the most out of Shazam without downloading the app
So, this guide concludes on how to use Shazam without downloading the app on your iPhone and iPad. From what we’ve experienced, Shazam’s music recognition tool works like a charm. Making the most of computer-level integration, the music discovery tool is very intuitive and seamless. What do you think of Shahzam’s music inventory? Do not forget to share your opinion and if you want to unleash the full potential of Shajam’s Super Handy Chrome extension, don’t forget to check it out. If you are not happy with Shajam, go to our roundup of the best mobile and web apps to identify songs.
Professional bacon fanatic. Explorer. Avid pop culture expert. Introvert. Amateur web evangelist.