This was by far the most bumpy road for the Nintendo Switch online expansion pack. Today, it gets a few new Sega Mega Drive games on top of two subscription levels. With a mix of well-known Sega titles and unexpected classics, the choice is not bad.
The minor update was shared by Nintendo on its social media channels. Extension Pack subscribers can now play five new Sega Mega Drive games on their Nintendo Switch:
- Modified Beast: A famous fighter, without him any mega drive collection would be empty. The game is rough, not as good as the Golden Ax, but the soundtrack is excellent and the dubbing is hilarious.
- ToeJam & Earl: Strange, childish adventure, I feel like some people after the 90s. The hard part is figuring out where to go, but there are enough absurdities to keep it enjoyable.
- Dynamite Heady: Another classic song from Treasure can be played on the switch. Thanks to its amazing colorful style and creative “behind the scenes” theme, this game stands out from the crowd – it’s not as old as Treasure’s ability to play the game.
- Vermilion Sword: A strange RPG that integrates studies such as dungeon crawlers and side-scrolling battles. It was very ambitious for its time, but the level design is chaotic and the battle is a bit difficult. Still to be seen.
- Thunder Force 2: The Thunder Force series was a must-buy for consoles in the 90s due to its rock-solid gameplay, unique upgrade system and consistently awesome soundtrack.
These Sega Mega Drive Classic Games are now available for Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack members!December 17, 2021
As expected, Nintendo has been very slow in releasing games for the Nintendo Switch online expansion pack. Only the N64’s new game has been on the platform since the introduction of the high-end Paper Mario subscription. Get it, don’t get me wrong: it’s one of the best N64 games ever, but the stalactites in the stalactite caves grow (feel) faster than selecting retro games on the Nintendo subscription service.
Hopefully in 2022 Nintendo will step on gas. There is already something like a road map for the N64 because Banjo-Kazooie and the F-Zero X will appear soon. However, as far as the Sega Mega Drive is concerned, the future is very uncertain.
There were our English speaking colleagues Recently reportedThe code in the expansion pack indicates that many more games may be coming, and Game Boy and Game Boy color titles may be after that.
“Avid writer. Subtly charming alcohol fanatic. Total twitter junkie. Coffee enthusiast. Proud gamer. Web aficionado. Music advocate. Zombie lover. Reader.”