At the WWDC this year, Apple showed off new features for the upcoming iOS 16. This includes new lock screens and the ability to edit widgets and messages.
And, If you have an Apple Developer Account, you can download the iOS 16 Developer Beta to preview it.
But beware! While there is no denying that beta testing is fun, beta software is not a finished product. If you downloaded the iOS 16 Developer Beta, you should expect some apps and features to be a bit stunning. That’s why I recommend downloading the beta on your everyday non-smartphone iPhone. If that doesn’t happen, it’s still a way to get more involved with the expat community here next month. As always, before downloading the beta, back up your smartphone in case something goes wrong.
Download iOS 16 Developer Beta:
- Login Apple Developer Website On your iPhone. (You must have an active account, which costs 99 euros per year). To do this, click the Account button on the top right of the site. You may have to go for two factor recognition
- In the menu bar, scroll down and click the Downloads button
- Click InstallProfile
- Click Allow
- Go to Settings application. You should see the downloaded profile option under your Apple ID profile
- Click Install. You will be asked to enter your password
- When done, read the terms and conditions agreement and then click Install twice more.
- You will need to restart your phone
- Then go to Settings> General> Software Update
- Click Download and Install
- If you are creating an app, go to Settings> Public> Privacy & Security. Scroll down and switch to developer mode to access the required application development features
That’s it! Enjoy watching iOS 16.
Professional bacon fanatic. Explorer. Avid pop culture expert. Introvert. Amateur web evangelist.