Three weeks after the release of WWDC 2021, Apple has introduced the first public beta of the eighteenth version of its MacOS operating system. Montessori by its name, which is now available for download by everyone, but do you really need to update your Mac at the risk of some errors?
Of course, here is a brief review of the features that will thank you for the update and the practicality of updating your Mac. In detail, you can easily make your choice and find out whether it is more appropriate to wait until September 2021 to download the final version.
Download MacOS Montessori: How
For those who are not involved in the Apple public beta program, we offer below Training to update your Mac with Magos Montessori.
First, keep in mind that this is a standard version, but not the final version of the operating system. In other words, errors can occur with this general beta. To avoid any problems, take the time to update your Mac (via Time Machine or external solution).
Now go to the official Apple website in the section dedicated to beta programs. Here are the steps to follow:
- Click In this link, To find the Magos Montessori beta page
- Find the “Register” button and authenticate your Apple account
- If this is your first time signing in you will need to sign the Apple beta program contract document.
- Then, click “Register your devices” and select the MacOS program
- Apple displays a warning message asking you to back up your Mac
- Below, a blue button is mentioned: “Download the app to access MacOS public beta versions”
- Once downloaded, go to “System Preferences” and “Software Update” to install the public beta
Why download Magos Montessori?
The new version of MacOS was released on June 7th. The operating system continues the trend of compatibility with the Mac between the interfaces of iOS (iPhone). So it is no coincidence that some features of iOS 15 are also available on MacOS.
By downloading MacOS Montessori in the public beta, you can discover new features. Here is the list:
- FaceTime Update: Synchronizes reading on your devices to see content with your contact, improving the background blur and the arrival of “Shareplay” mode.
- For technology enthusiasts, the new “Universal Control” feature is impatient. The latest innovation in integrating Apple devices with each other (for example, using the iPod as a monitor for the Mac without a wired connection)
- AirPlay Update: Now run your iPhone content on your Mac
- Focus mode is on
- The new “Shortcuts” application is available
- Update to the “Quick Notes” app
Which devices are supported?
Of course, you first need to know if your Mac is compatible with the latest version of MacOS Montessori. List of devices here:
- iMac (2015 to present)
- IMac Pro (2017 to present)
- Mac Pro (late 2013 to present)
- Mac Mini (late 2014 to present)
- MacBook Pro (2015 to present)
- MacBook Air (2015 to present)
- MacBook (2016 to present)