Apple has recently introduced WatchOS 9 and it is already possible to install the beta of the new OS on your Apple Watch Series 4 or newer model. In this tutorial, Nextbit will show you how to download and install the WatchOS 9 Developer Beta.
Warning: Since watchOS 9 is currently in beta level OS there may be errors and may lead to data loss. Only install the developer version or general beta on devices you do not use daily. Either way, back up your data before you start. Note that the WatchOS content is different from the iOS 16 beta as it is not compatible with watchOS 8.
Now that the foundation has been laid, WatchOS 9 was introduced on June 6 and Apple introduced new watch faces for the watch, new measurements for exercises such as running and swimming, and improvements to AFib functionality. If you want to know more about what’s new in your Apple Watch in September, read our complete guide for watchOS 9.
If you want to install WatchOS 9 now on your iPhone, you will need an Apple Developer Account. The developer account provides access to all beta versions of iOS, iPadOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS. In addition, there are many options such as beta testing your own applications and a host of developer tools to build applications.
Creating a developer account for individuals costs $ 99 per year, so it will only be worth it if you plan to create and distribute applications. To create an Apple Developer Account, go to Dedicated Apple website. Note that two-factor recognition is required.
Download and install watchOS 9 Developer Beta
With a developer account, you can install watchOS 9 Beta as follows:
- Log in to your account developer.apple.com.
- On your iPhone: Download the configuration profile directly on your iPhone and follow the installation instructions.
- On your Mac or PC: Save the file to your hard drive / SST and email it to your iPhone account. Save the configuration profile in the files, open it and follow the installation instructions.
- Clicking on the profile will automatically install the watchOS 9 beta update profile. You will see the certificate in the Watch app (the application you use to manage your Apple Watch on your iPhone)
- Then, as a final step, runWatch App And go inside Software update And check for updates as usual. You should see that there is a new update
- To install WatchOS 9 on your Apple Watch, it must be plugged in and have at least 50% battery life. Additionally, the iPhone must be connected to a Wi-Fi network and within the Apple Watch range.
If you do not want to create a developer account, Apple is expected to release the WatchOS 9 public beta in early July. As the current version we are already testing seems stable, there will be no barrier to beta release in the next few weeks.
To register as a beta tester for WatchOS 9, here are the steps to follow:
- Meeting beta.apple.com And sign up for a beta program
- As soon as the beta is released, Apple will notify you. Of course, we will let you know. The following steps will only work if a public beta is released.
- The beta version installation steps are the same as above. First, you need to load the configuration profile. The iPhone must be connected to a WiFi network and within the Apple Watch range. The Apple Watch battery must be at least 50% charged and it must be plugged.
- When you have completed these steps, proceed Settings> General> Software Update
- Press Download and install
- Click Install, Then you will install the latest version of watchOS. Apple Watch also needs to be restarted.
Now you know how to install WatchOS 9 on your Apple Watch and above all the issues related to the beta levels of the OS update for the Apple Watch: Good download! What do you think about the new features of watchOS 9?
Professional bacon fanatic. Explorer. Avid pop culture expert. Introvert. Amateur web evangelist.