If you followed the Game Awards with Xboxygen last night, you may remember the looks of Keanu Reeves and Gary-on-Moss. But they’re not there for a game, at least not nearly. If you have not already done so, we recommend downloading The Matrix Awakens immediately.
What is The Matrix Awakens?
The Matrix Awakens This is not a game. This is a free tech demo running in real time under Unreal Engine 5 engine, but playable!
That is the difference. We have had 5 demos of 5 Unreal Engine 5 demos for the past two years, but these are always videos about what is possible in the future with Epic Games Engine. But this time it is more real than ever.
The executable demo titled “The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience” is now on the Xbox Series X | Available on S and PS5.
The future is already here
How was this demo designed? What is he hiding behind? This is what colleagues at home express Eurocomer After chatting with epic games.
If the characters Keanu Reeves (Neo) and Carrie-Anne Moss (Trinity) look very realistic, it is because they were created with technology. Meta Human From the epic games we described at the beginning of 2021.
The executable technology demo is obviously highly scripted, but that doesn’t stop it from being so enjoyable if you know that everything works in real time. Explosions, for example, are calculated in real time using a physical system Confusion Epic.
Does the world created for this demo seem too frozen at first? So wait until you reach the last three to freely wander and control the vehicles. It is dedicated to nanotechnology and geometry, which strikes a chord here Lumen, Which manages the lights. For example, it is possible to play with options to change the position of the sun. Ray Tracing does wonders here.
To further enhance the overall rendering, Epic relies heavily on its TSR (Super Temporal Resolution) solution, which injects data from previous images into current images to improve quality. Epic Games has created a realistic and cohesive world with the help of tools and practical development for a city the size of the city of Los Angeles (Downtown District). Here are the numbers.
- The city is 4,138 km wide and 4.968 km long, slightly larger than the city of Los Angeles.
- The area of the city is 15.79 km2
- The perimeter of the city is 14.519 km
- The city has 260 km of roads
- The city has 512 km of sidewalks
- There are 1,248 intersections in the city
- 45,073 cars are parked, of which 38,146 cars are operational and destructive
- 17,000 simulated vehicles are destroyed on the road
- 7,000 buildings
- 27,848 street lights on the street side alone
- 12,422 sewer holes
- Nearly 10 million unique and duplicate properties were created to build the city
- The whole world glows only with the sun, the sky and the objects emitting on the mesh. Tens of thousands of lampposts and headlights were not placed by any light source. In night mode, almost all the light comes from the millions of emission windows in the buildings
- 35,000 simulated MetaHuman pedestrians
- The average number of polygons? 7,000 buildings are made up of thousands of properties and each property alone represents millions of polygons. So, we have billions of polygons to build city buildings alone
This is the same team that previously took care of this Matrix demo which was responsible for Unreal Engine 5 demos. To get an overview of what the real game Unreal Engine 5 looks like, we recommend watching the game first. Hellblade 2 Game Video Aired tonight.
Finally, watching demo videos on your mobile is already fun enough that the experience will be better on your 4K TV.
“Avid writer. Subtly charming alcohol fanatic. Total twitter junkie. Coffee enthusiast. Proud gamer. Web aficionado. Music advocate. Zombie lover. Reader.”