Mozilla Foundation releases version 86 of Firefox browser for Windows, MacOS and Linux in broad daylight. In the new version, Mozilla introduces two new functions with the latest combination of multiple image-in-picture functionality and privacy protection. The Pixar-in-Pixer functionality allows you to replay multiple videos at once. In the new version, multiple image sequences in the image are now possible. They are available on Mac, Linux and Windows and include fast forward and forward operating keyboard controls. The new privacy standard includes full cookie protection and super cookie protection, which was introduced last month with Firefox 85, which is a one-time stop to cross-cookie tracking. There are further improvements, bug fixes and security improvements, which are found below. This update fixes 12 vulnerabilities in older versions of Firefox. You can find details about security holes covered with Firefox 86 Here. Users who have installed an older version of Firefox will receive the update automatically. You can download the update from here Help -> via Firefox -> Update to version 86.0 Can be loaded manually. More information about this update can be found below or from Mozilla.
Download -> Download Firefox 86.0 for Windows, MacOS and Linux
Firefox version 86.0 for desktop can now be downloaded from Mozilla:
Download -> Download Firefox 86.0 for Windows 64-bit
Download -> Download Firefox 86.0 for Windows 32-bit
Download -> Download Firefox 86.0 for MacOS
Download -> Download Firefox 86.0 for Linux
Version 86.0 of Firefox includes the following new features and improvements:
- Reader mode now works with local HTML pages.
- Using the screen reader’s quick navigation to go to editable text controls no longer misses editable cells at some point, such as Messenger.com.
- The Orca Screen Reader’s Mouse Review feature now works properly after changing tabs in Firefox.
- Screen readers will not misrepresent column headings in a table with cells with multiple columns.
- Links in reader view now have more color contrast.
- Various Security fixes.
- On Linux and Android, mitigation protection Stack Clash Attack Enabled.
- Since Firefox 86, DDLS 1.0 no longer supports WebRTC’s peer connections. All WebRTC services must now support DTLS 1.2 as a minimum version.
- Integrates all video decoding into the new RDD functionality, resulting in a more secure Firefox.
Frequently Asked Questions after updating Firefox
Mozilla Foundation developers make Firefox for Windows, MacOS and Linux available in multiple languages. Note that installing Firefox will overwrite your existing version of Firefox. Your bookmarks or diary will not be lost. However, some extensions and other add-ons will no longer work until appropriate updates or updates are available.