With these tools, one can get information about Matroska files (mkvinfo), extract tracks/data from Matroska files (mkvextract) and create Matroska files from other media files (mkvmerge). Matroska is a new media file format that aims to become the new container format of the future. You can also find more information about it in its underlying technology, Extensible Binary Meta Language (EBML). https://www.matroska.org/
- Added arm64 (aarch64) binaries for Debian 11, usable on Raspberry Pis.
- All: Changed spelling of “color” to “color” in all programs to match US English spelling usage in MKVToolNix. This affects not only documentation and UI controls, but also program options for mkvmerge & mkvpropedit. Both programs will accept the British English spelling of their respective preferences indefinitely. One big change is that property names in mkvmerge’s JSON identification mode have also been converted to US English spelling. Since these properties were only introduced in v68, it seems like a small window to make such a change.
New features and improvements
- MKVToolNix GUI: The number of recently used entries (eg target directories) remembered by the GUI is now configurable in the preferences. Tools #3362.
- MKVToolNix GUI: Multiplexer: When adding files, track properties related to color information and color mastering meta information are parsed and set in the corresponding GUI controls. Tools #3359.
- MKVToolNix GUI: Task Order: The task order can now be sorted by clicking on the column headings. Part of #3365 implementation.
- MKVToolNix GUI: Task Order: When loading tasks from a previously unknown queue directory to the program, these tasks are sorted by their “date added” timestamp instead of using the order in which the operating system provides them. Part of #3365 implementation.
- Build Build: Compilation is stable with fmt v9. Fixes #3366.
- mkvmerge: HEVC ES parser: The parser will parse at least the first full access unit before reporting that it found all required headers. Otherwise, the parser may stop in the middle of the access unit because the source driver does not return much data on the first call, causing the parser to not find the unspec62 and unspec63 NALUs required by Dolby Vision. Fixes #3363.
- MKVToolNix GUI: Preferences: Default actions added to the “Run Programs” section on new installations now default to using WebM filenames instead of Ogg, matching the format of added audio files.
Create system changes
- Compiled fmt library updated to v9.0.0.
Professional bacon fanatic. Explorer. Avid pop culture expert. Introvert. Amateur web evangelist.