PS5 Wifi 5Ghz Issues – How to Fix. If you are wondering why your PS5 games and data will start downloading and then refuse to stop a few GPS and continue, we have the answer for you.
The PS5 seems to have difficulty switching between WiFi bands on the connected network. Moreover, under the current system software, it seems that the PS5 will continue to work only with the slow 2.4GHz WiFi band provided by all WiFi routers.
Until Sony releases a software update to allow a stable connection with the 5GHz WiFi band, you must use the 2.4 Ghz WiFi band using the steps below.
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Go to ‘Network’
- Click ‘Settings’
- Then go to ‘Set up internet connection’
- Highlight the WiFi network you want to connect to your PS5
- Press the Options button (button with three straight lines) on the DualSense controller
- Select ‘WiFi Frequency Bands’ and make sure it is set to 2.4 Ghz
- Restart your PS5 console
- Start downloading a PS4 or PS5 game from your library
- The game should download well – it will take longer than usual
Related Content – Sony PS5 Complete Guide – Total Source on PlayStation 5
We hope you find this article useful. We hope that Sony will soon release a system update to fix these PS5 WiFi 5GHz issues!
Professional bacon fanatic. Explorer. Avid pop culture expert. Introvert. Amateur web evangelist.