Chromium-based Microsoft’s Edge recently celebrated its first anniversary. Now a new version has also appeared. It has it all: it brings many new functions and improves the security and performance of the browser.
Microsoft Edge 88: Now with Password Generator
Secure passwords are essential these days. Since most users store their passwords in the browser, it only makes sense if the browser recommends a password that cannot be broken. So Edge version 88 adds a password generator. When creating a new account or changing the password, the generated passwords can be transferred directly to the corresponding field and stored on the edge. You are safe on the move without memorizing complex strings. Edge 88 offers the ability to better control cookies. You can now see in the settings which cookies are set with which rights and which websites have recently added cookies. Of course, you can also delete unwanted cookies.
Sync, themes, PDF comments
Do you want to open a website and see a word there? In the future, you do not have to open a new tab to do this: if you right-click on this word, you can start a search in the sidebar. So you stay on the page, but see the search results you want. Web pages can finally be rearranged in the taskbar. Long-term Edge users will know this functionality from the old Edge.
Here is an overview of other new features in the Edge 88:
- The screenshot function now records entire pages and warns you if you want to close unsaved screenshots.
- The open tabs in the background switch to resource storage mode.
- Menus and icons in the status bar have been slightly edited.
- If desired, the browser history icon can be added to the toolbar.
- In the future, you may define different rules for HTTP and HTTPS pages in Internet Explorer mode.
- Edge now automatically instructs you to switch between personal and business profiles on the Mac.
- In kiosk mode, pop-ups can be opened automatically in a new tab instead of a new window.
- FTP and Flash are no longer supported.
- Automatic sign-in for Microsoft services now works under Windows 7 and 8.1.
Install Edge 88
Edge users will usually receive an update automatically, but this may take some time. To install the update immediately, use one of the downloads above, or select the three-point menu in the upper right corner of the Edge Help and feedback. After clicking About Microsoft Edge The version number will appear and Edge will load the pending update if needed. In this case, complete the update by clicking Start fresh From.
Professional bacon fanatic. Explorer. Avid pop culture expert. Introvert. Amateur web evangelist.