The Great Ace Attorney 2: trailer, gameplay, demo and lots of infos
And you can try the game right now!
As promised, Capcom hosted today a “Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series – 15th Anniversary Commemoration” live event on Niconico, with Motohide Eshiro (Producer), Takeshi Yamazaki (Director) and the voice actors of Phoenix Wright and Ryunosuke Naruhodo. This special event was the perfect occasion to share new video content and informations on the upcoming The Great Ace Attorney 2, currently in development for Nintendo 3DS. Here it comes!
In the midst of tense diplomatic relations between the Empire of Japan and the British Empire, an incident occurred… a British exchange student woman is found dead on the beach. At the time of the incident, Haori Murasame – female student at Teito Yuumei University – was alone with the victim, so she got arrested. No lawyer was expected to come forward to defend her in a case that could turn into an issue of diplomatic relations. But here comes Ryutaro Naruhodo, Ryunosuke’s cousin. He’s studying law at a local university and takes on the courtroom holding the “Resolution” hidden within his school uniform close to his chest.
Trailer + Gameplay footage
Capcom created a special web page to host a demo of The Great Ace Attorney 2, even if you don’t own a Nintendo 3DS! The demo is available right here, and you can play directly on your computer or smartphone.
Capcom will release two special editions along the “regular” retail edition of The Great Ace Attorney 2 on Nintendo 3DS:
- The Great Ace Attorney 1&2 Limited Edition (7,200 Yen): two games (Ryunosuke Naruhodo’s Adventure & Ryunosuke Naruhodo’s Resolution), a mini soundtrack CD with 10 selected songs from The Great Ace Attorney 1&2, all housed in an original design box.
- The Great Ace Attorney 2 e-Capcom Limited Edition (9,800 Yen): second game (Ryunosuke Naruhodo’s Resolution), Read Aloud CD, Chibi Ryunosuke Naruhodo piggy bank, University notebook, set of three pencils, three exclusive coasters, all housed in an original design box.
- Special Costumes Set: 3 costumes for Ryunosuke Naruhodo, Susato Mikotoba, and Sherlock Holmes. Early buyers bonus, free if you purchase the game between August 3rd and 31st.
- Shop-Exclusive 3DS Themes: If you have the chance to live in Japan, Geo and Yamada Denki (Japanese retailers) will each offer an exclusive The Great Ace Attorney 2-style 3DS theme with your purchase of the game.
- Story Chapter – Great Turnabout: Included in the first copies of The Great Ace Attorney 2. Won’t be released in the future even in a DLC.
- Story Chapter – Great Empire of Japan: A new case for Ryunosuke Naruhodo, with his close friend Kazuma Asogi.
- Story Chapter – Great British Empire: The game is afoot once again with the great detective Sherlock Holmes.