Microsoft has officially released Windows 11. If you want to immediately switch to the new operating system, you can download the ISO file for free.
First, Windows 11 will be distributed as a free update on multiple waves via Windows Update, allowing PCs with new hardware to be the first to receive the offer. All PCs with supported hardware must have an update offer by mid-2022. But there is another way. So you can upgrade any Windows 10 PC to successor.
How To Download Windows 11
Microsoft has already announced that you can install Windows 11 even if the PC does not meet all the conditions. For this purpose, users can use the ISO file or upgrade to Windows 11 for free using a Microsoft Media generator. Click here Free download of Media Creation Tool for Windows 11 Update.
Alternatively, you can go directly to the Microsoft website and download an ISO file there. The file is five gigabytes in size, depending on the language selected. The following steps are essential You can download Windows 11 now.
- In a web browser This is the Microsoft website Call.
- Now you can choose whether you want to create an installation media and download the Microsoft Media Creator tool or download an ISO file for installation.
- In both cases, in addition to the version – Windows 11 Home, if you are using Windows 10 Home or Windows 11 Pro, if you are using Windows 10 Pro – you must also select the preferred language.
- An ISO file requires a Windows 10 product key, which is then overwritten to Windows 11. Incidentally, the Windows 7 or Windows 8 product key can also be used to activate Windows 11.
On a system with unsupported hardware, the manual for these PCs during the Microsoft installation indicates that there is no warranty after the OS update and that these PCs will no longer receive updates. Only time will tell how strictly the update lock is actually implemented. Anyone who has updated their PC to Windows 11 can switch back to Windows 10.
Read more: Windows 11: Release today, ISO download, update testing and more
Windows 11 Manual Download Package:
- Microsoft has released Windows 11 and will distribute it to PCs supported by Windows Update by mid-2022.
- If you want, you can now manually download Windows 11 and install it on PCs with unsupported hardware.
- You can use the Microsoft Media Creator tool or download an ISO file from Microsoft.
- An ISO file requires a Windows 10 or Windows 8 or Windows 7 product key, which is then overwritten to Windows 11.
[PLUS] Tried Windows 11: Top or Flop?
* Links links that are marked. Links are not advertisements because we are free to research and select the products provided. We receive a small commission for the sale of the products we use to finance some of the free content of the website.
Professional bacon fanatic. Explorer. Avid pop culture expert. Introvert. Amateur web evangelist.