Xbox wants to bundle PC games and PC Game Pass. After Quake 4 arrived at the beginning of the month, five new games are accessible through the preview program, and some of them should appeal to our older readers!
Heresy, Hexen, Elder Scrolls
These are the big classic PC games that land in the Xbox Insider program, which lets you play games early or test certain features before they’re available to everyone. Here are the five games of the day:
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena (released 1994)
- Hexen: Beyond Heretic (published 1995)
- Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders (expansion released 1996)
- Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel (expansion released 1996)
- Quake Champions (released in 2017)
As you can see, some of these Bethesda games were released 25 years ago! Now that the studios are an integral part of the Xbox ecosystem, Microsoft is working to make these older games available to as many people as possible on Windows PC. The Elder Scrolls: Arena is the first game in the popular hit series, with its next installment, The Elder Scrolls VI, announced in 2018. There is a good chance that these games will integrate PC Game Pass soon.
Download Xbox Insider from a Windows PC
- Download the Xbox Insider app for Windows On this page
- Install the app
- Launch the app and follow the steps to join the program
Once you install the Xbox Insider app, all you have to do is sign up to receive early Xbox updates.
- Launch the Xbox Insider Hub app
- Select “Preview”.
- Select the game
- Select “Add”.
- Wait for verification and then download the game
Professional bacon fanatic. Explorer. Avid pop culture expert. Introvert. Amateur web evangelist.