Windows fans can rejoice: Firstly, Microsoft boss confirmed that Windows has never been more important than it is today, and secondly because he announced big changes all at once. Although he did not go into further details, it should be clear that this refers to the major Sun Fence design update for Windows 10, which is coming with Windows 10 21 H2 in the fall. We will show you what is behind this and how you can get the news first.
There are several points to criticize Windows 10: One thing that bothers many users is the wild design combination. Critics have often been talking about optics collecting for the past 30 years – not without good reason. However, since Windows 10 is not the most widely used operating system and museum, many users prefer a more consistent interface, and it can be more stylish. Microsoft understood that and CEO Satya Nadella announced a new generation of Windows.
One thing after another for sure Windows 10 ink update And termination of the program Windows 10X Microsoft wants to set a scent mark with Windows 10 21 H2 in the fall. They have long been working on optical updates for various core components such as Windows 10’s Explorer, Taskbar, Start Menu or Information Center under the name “Project Sun Valley”. We’re going to show you what’s new, what’s coming, and how you can see the next generation of Windows now.
Test Windows 10 21 H2 now
With the Windows Insider program you can closely follow the development of Windows 10. If there is something new, it will be distributed to the locals only after the internal tests in Microsoft. To become a Windows Insider, you need to sign up for your Microsoft account. Then you can try Insider updates for free. Important: We advise against doing this on production computers, because after all, insider versions of Windows 10 are still experimental. You should make a complete backup of the system in advance so that you can return it in case of error.
Internal updates are implemented in the settings under “Update and Security”. On the left side of the sidebar you will find a menu item called “Windows Insider Program”. Note, as an internal, you must provide Microsoft full telemetry data. Save your Microsoft account to internal settings and select the appropriate channel. Select “Dev Channel” to view the latest bits. After restarting, the Windows update should show the latest developer developments.
Windows 10 21 H2 Design Update: Rounded corners
What is meant by “the most important Windows update of the last ten years” was opened by Nadella, but at least some things can be excluded from the innovations of WinUI, which are open to the public GitHub Accessible. Corners do not always have to live up to their name, and must be “angled”. Currently there is a high demand for software design again. Look at the Magos 11 with rounded corners everywhere Proton design from Firefox. For Windows, windows have rounded corners and UI elements such as the Start menu or Information Center.
Anyone who opens up modern areas like other apps or new systems should see the rounded design in the future. If Microsoft keeps pulling this, the buttons and other elements will definitely get rid of their corners. Many of these small changes in optics do not interfere with the process, but all work visually refreshingly. We need to see what happens to the “old” UI components.
New icons, fonts and animations
What you already see in Insider Built is an update of the icons. This is not necessarily fixed in Windows 10 21 H2, Microsoft has long been bringing in new icons in insider versions that should be allowed to leak on older versions of Windows 10. New color icons can be found in Explorer, for example, the icons in the settings have also been updated.
There is also a new font with Segoe UI Variable, which is easy to adapt to different display sizes. Windows 10 will update when the program starts animations or when the virtual keyboard opens. Overall, the whole thing should run “smoothly”.
New optics in Windows 10 21 H2
Microsoft has not yet announced how comprehensive the design update on Windows 10 21 H2 will be and which components will be affected. An event dedicated to the largest construction sites may soon be here, and then officially showing new images. It is also possible that not everything will come at once. But as you can see from Windows 10X, the new look should have an impact on the following areas:
- Start menu: Only with that Windows 10 October update The look of the Start menu has been fixed, but it is not yet. Microsoft works on the effects used and rounded corners can be a problem. Additionally, the Start menu should float slightly above the taskbar when folded, thus showing the background. The “Windows Tools” folder is new and gets administrative tools. Additionally, the Start menu now opens automatically after updates.
- Taskbar: The taskbar code is said to be updated in more detail, which should also be important in relation to the tablet surface. Details are unknown, but Windows fans naturally dream of features like a centered start button Windows 10X Or the transparent taskbar, which you can still use today Additional tools You have to fix yourself.
- Information Center: Many users ignore the information center because it is too bulky in the field of vision. There has long been a rumor that the whole thing should be more modular and more light weight.
- Research: Explorer has not received any new features in a long time and the surface can definitely be adjusted here. The direction is clear, users should no longer be overwhelmed with options. Larger gaps can be found between the inputs. But did Microsoft dare to switch to an Explorer application or at least two-node functionality?
- Microsoft Store: To be honest, the Microsoft Store is included in Windows 10, but it is more likely to create headlines with bugs and malware. That should change, Microsoft is planning an optical update on the one hand, but also wants to support other file formats such as EXE and MSI files.
- Dark Mode: The dark look for Windows 10 has been around for a long time, but Microsoft doesn’t really comply with it. Here we are working on updates in a standard dark mode.
Other new features in Windows 10 21 H2
If you follow the Windows development or you created Windows 10 Dev yourself, you can try some new features:
- Internet Explorer: Microsoft bids farewell to Internet Explorer. For one test, the IE code was removed from the internal framework. But for Windows 10 21 H2 it comes very fast.
- Windows Terminal: An excellent tool provided by Microsoft for Windows experts Windows Terminal. It connects different command lines under one hood. Instead of calling CMD, PowerShell and WSL separately, the new tool compiles shells. So far you have to install the Windows terminal yourself, Windows 10 21 H2 should bring it with you.
- Power Automatic Desktop: Windows users need to be more productive. Microsoft recently had a payment tool for this Power Automatic Desktop Is provided free of charge. With Windows 10 21 H2 it should become an integral part of Windows.
- Built-in Assistants: Notepad, Paint and Sniping tools are now provided with updates via the Microsoft Store.
- Virtual desktops: A practical feature is the virtual desktops, which Microsoft wants to go one step further with the update. So you can finally set different wallpapers for different desktops.
- Task Manager: The task manager becomes more powerful, for example, showing the Edge browser sub-processes with additional details. There is also an eco mode that helps users to reduce resource consumption, especially for a process.
- HDR-supported: Get the HDR support vaccine for Windows 10. By setting up, users can provide creative programs such as Photoshop access to the full color range of the display.
- Device Manager: Device Manager makes it easy to manage drivers with new views.
- Program Restart: As an additional option, users can restart programs automatically after logging in.
“Avid writer. Subtly charming alcohol fanatic. Total twitter junkie. Coffee enthusiast. Proud gamer. Web aficionado. Music advocate. Zombie lover. Reader.”