In a few weeks, Messenger will no longer work on some smartphones. The list of devices involved is already circulating.
Mountain View – WhatsApp has announced that its functionality will not be fully functional on some smartphone models soon. Messenger makers stop building service for older operating systems at regular intervals.
First, because she is afraid that the old software will not have security updates. Second, there is no need to test new functions in advance on unmanageable operating system versions.
From November 1, 2021, only smartphones running Android 4.1, iOS 10 and KaiOS 2.5.1 will be able to install and use WhatsApp. American Business Magazine Entrepreneur Reported on projects at an early stage and provided a list of affected models online:
WhatsApp support ends: These Android smartphones have been affected
- Alcatel: One Touch Evo7
- Huawei: Ascend G740, Ascend Mate, Ascend D Quad XL, Ascend D1 Quad XL, Ascend P1 S, and Ascend D2.
- LG: Lucid 2, Optimus Prime F7, Optimus F5, Optimus L3 II Dual, Optimus F5, Optimus L5, Optimus L5 II, Optimus Prime L5 Dual, Optimus L3 II, Optimus L7, Optimus L7 II Dual, Optimus Prime L7 II, Optimus Run, Optimus Prime L4 II Dual, Optimus F3, Optimus L4 II, Optimus L2 II, Optimus Prime HD and 4X HD, and Optimus F3Q.
- Samsung: Galaxy Trend Lite, Galaxy Trend II, Galaxy SII, Galaxy S3 mini, Galaxy Xcover 2, Galaxy Core and Galaxy Ace 2.
- Sony: Xperia Miro, Sony Xperia Neo L, Xperia Arc S.
- ZTE: Grand S Flex, ZTE V956, Grand X Quad V987 and Grand Memo.
- Other manufacturers: Arcos 53 Platinum, HTC Desire 500, Caterpillar Cat P15, Vigo Zinc Five, Vigo Darknight, Lenovo A820, UMI X2, Fayo F1 and DHLW8.
WhatsApp support ends: These iOS smartphones are vulnerable
- Apple iPhone SE
- Apple iPhone 6S
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus
WhatsApp Chat Backup: How It Works
According to the report, WhatsApp recommends replacing them with newer smartphone models so that you do not have to close an account. Entrepreneur Victims are first advised to make a backup of their chat history before November 1st. To do this, you need to call the app “Settings”, then select the “Chats” sub-item and check the “Backup” box.
You can definitely switch to a messenger match like Telegram, Signal or Trima.
Picture Writes in the title that there is another possibility. An operating system update with “multiple models” can be found under Settings. So check it out as a precaution. The paper reports that the next comprehensive support for WhatsApp will not return until the end of 2022. (frs)
“Avid writer. Subtly charming alcohol fanatic. Total twitter junkie. Coffee enthusiast. Proud gamer. Web aficionado. Music advocate. Zombie lover. Reader.”