In terms of updates, system and security, Samsung Undoubtedly one of the leading companies when it comes to mobile phone, today’s announcement confirms this. After stretching Support for newer Android releases, At least guaranteed Major update For its high-end smartphones, the South Korean company is also updating its policies Security link.
Four-year safety patches
So the Asian company integrates itself with Google, which offers three years of updates to the operating system and four years of security connections. Samsung is really talking about “At least four years from the date of launch of the smartphone“, So the most successful models are more likely to experience better treatment, while the rest are preserved for a longer period of time.
Therefore, Samsung ensures a particular focus on security, which offers a number of technologies to keep its customers safe: Knox first Embedded secure element, Do not forget the secure processor to protect smartphones from physical attacks Knox Vault This further raises the level of attention to privacy and data security.
Samsung will continue to update their smartphones, For at least four years, On two different platforms, monthly for the most valuable and best-selling models and quarterly for other models, including some flagships from previous years. All smartphones launched from 2019 are affected by the new update policy, so some models like the Galaxy S9 Series and Galaxy Note 9, as well as many older models are excluded.
However, the list is very long and includes models of the series Galaxy Z., Galaxy S., Galaxy Note, Galaxy A., Galaxy M, Galaxy Excover e Galaxy Tab. The list is subject to revisions and updates in the coming months and although release times may vary depending on different markets, the supported devices are detailed here.
- dispitivi pieghevoli Galaxy: Fold, Fold 5G, Z Fold 2, Z Fold 2 5G, Z Flip, Z Flip 5G
- Series Galaxy S: S10, S10 +, S10E, S10 5G, S10 Lite, S20, S20 5G, S20 +, S20 + 5G, S20 Ultra, S20 Ultra5 G, S20FE, S20F5G, S21 5G, S21 + 5G, S21 Ultra 5G
- Series Galaxy Note: Note 10, Note 10 5G, Note 10 +, Note 10 + 5G, Note 10 Lite, Note 20, Note 20 5G, Note 20 Ultra, Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Series Galaxy A: A10, A10e, A10s, A20, A20s, A30, A30s, A40, A50, A50s, A60, A70, A70s, A80, A90 5G, A11, A21, A21s, A31, A41, A51, A51 5G, A71, A71 5G, A02s, A12, A32 5G, A42 5G
- Series Galaxy M: M10s, M20, M30, M30s, M40, M11, M12, M21, M31, M31s, M51
- Series Galaxy Xcover: Xcover 4S, Xcover Field Pro, Xcover Pro
- Series Galaxy Tab: Tab Active Pro, Tab Active 3, Tab A8 (2019), Tab A with S Pen, Tab A 8.4 (2020), Tab A7, Tab S5E, Tab S6, Tab S65 G, Tab S6 Lite, Tab S7, Tab S7 +
“Avid writer. Subtly charming alcohol fanatic. Total twitter junkie. Coffee enthusiast. Proud gamer. Web aficionado. Music advocate. Zombie lover. Reader.”