Samsung today unveiled another update for the Samsung Galaxy S20 series. This update only improves the security of the Galaxy S20: the update includes a security update for April 2021 provided by Google and bug fixes and improvements in each update, so no new features are expected. It is recommended to back up the data before the update so that it is protected during the update. You can now download and install the update with the built-in number G980FXXS7DUC9, G981BXXS7DUC9, G985FXXS7DUC9, G986BXXS7DUC9 and G988BXXS7DUC9 for the Samsung Galaxy S20 series. ⚙ Menu To download the latest security updates, the latest Android version available must be installed on the device. More information about this update can be found below or from Samsung.
April 2021 -> Samsung Galaxy S20 series update for specification
The update contains the following build number, and can now be downloaded and installed using the update function via ⚙ Menu Settings → Software Update.
- Device: Galaxy S20 (SM-G980F) – Build Number: G980 FXX7 DUC9
- Device: Galaxy S20 5G (SM-G981b) – Build Number: G981 PXX7 TUC9
- Device: Galaxy S20 + (SM-G9855F) – Build Number: G985 FXX7 DUC9
- Device: Galaxy S20 + 5G (SM-G986b) – Build Number: G986 PXX7 TUC9
- Device: Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G (SM-G988B) – Build Number: G988BXXS7DUC9
- Release Date: 2021-04-07 – Security Link Status: 2021-04-01
New Features and Improvements for the Samsung Galaxy S20 Series:
- The security of your device has been improved.
Software updates for Samsung Galaxy models
If you get a new smartphone or tablet, you will receive software updates from Samsung even after you purchase it. These may be new functions, but they are also security updates that are available for download. We recommend installing these updates as soon as they are released. It is very easy to be notified about the availability of new updates for your smartphone or tablet: Once the automatic update is enabled, you will automatically receive a notification on your mobile device when an update is available for download and installation.