The update to version 4.2.15 is available for download to the free image processing software Paint.NET. This update is a minor update that improves usability. Additionally, there are custom functional extensions, bug fixes and stability enhancements to make the app more reliable, which are found below. Update with version number 4.2.15 for the classic version of Paint.net can be downloaded and installed from the website using the update function via via ⚙ Settings → Updates via. If you are using the Paint.net application for Windows 10, you should receive an automatic update within the next 24 hours. More information about this update can be found below or at the official Paint.net Blog.
Download -> Download the classic version of Paint.net
Version 4.2.15 is now available for download from the official website:
Download -> Download the Paint.net app from the Microsoft Store
Version 4.2.15 is now available for download on the Microsoft Store:
Version 4.2.15 includes the following new features and improvements:
- New: Added “Tolerance Alpha Mode” toggle button on the toolbar for Magic Wand, Paint Bucket and Recurring Tools. This allows you to change the algorithm for color comparison between default (default) and straight. “Straight” distinguishes transparent pixels with different color values, while seeing them as equal in advance.
- New: Holding Ctrl while using the Color Picker tool will sample from the merged image.
- New: The file name in the title bar now contains the previously created star when it contains unsaved changes.
- New: Plugins can now use the IArrayPoolService around .NET’s array to upgrade their queue allocation.
- Changed: You can now click the ‘X’ button for currently inactive images.
- Changed: Ctrl + (Backspace, Delete, Arrow Keys) has been upgraded to work just like Microsoft Word on a text tool.
- Fixed: When the rectangle selector is used to draw a controlled, fixed aspect or fixed size selection, it will accurately control the rectangle that is now within the canvas.
- Fixed: Layers -> Layers did not work for images below / below / above / below / less than 3 layers.
- Fix: Edit -> Delete option will now be replaced with transparent black (# 0000000000) instead of transparent white (# 00FFFFFF).
- Fixed: Custom formats will now be displayed in sequential order.
- Fix: “.pdnSave” ghost files no longer last when saved on desktop. This is due to an error in Windows and File Explorer.
- Errors that can occur for a variety of reasons (duck / unlock, driver update, low memory, etc.) Fixed crashes due to DXGI / Direct3D “Lost Device” or “Device Removed”
- Updated the compiled AVIF file type to plus v1.1.6. See the Pdn-avif Publications page GitHub For more information.
Paint.net for Windows -> Description
Paint.net is an image processing software developed at Washington State University and Microsoft. First, Paint.net must be an upgraded version of Microsoft Paint. The program now offers functions such as: b. Working with known layers from Adobe Photoshop or GIMP. This functionality is similar to Adobe Photoshop.
Via Paint.net Blog