Mozilla Foundation has released an unplanned update to version 86.0.1 for the Firefox browser for Windows, MacOS and Linux. This update only fixes bugs found in previous versions of Firefox, so new features are not expected. A detailed overview of bugs and improvements made with Firefox 86.0.1 can be found below or in Mozilla. Users who have installed an older version of Firefox will receive the update automatically. You can download the update from here Help -> via Firefox -> Update to version 86.0.1 Can be loaded manually. More information about this update can be found below or from Mozilla.
Download -> Download Firefox 86.0.1 for Windows, MacOS and Linux
Firefox version 86.0.1 for desktop is now available for download from Mozilla:
Download -> Download Firefox 86.0.1 for Windows 64-bit
Download -> Download Firefox 86.0.1 for Windows 32-bit
Download -> Download Firefox 86.0.1 for MacOS
Download -> Download Firefox 86.0.1 for Linux
Version 86.0.1 of Firefox has the following new features and improvements:
- Fixed an issue with Apple Silicon computers that did not respond to Firefox after system hibernation (error 1682713).
- Fixed an issue that caused windows to unexpectedly attract or lose attention (error 1694927).
- Fixed disconnection of date and time widgets due to incorrect width calculation (error 1695578).
- Fixed an issue that caused unexpected behavior with extensions managing tab groups (error 1694699).
- Frequent Linux crash on browser release Fixed (bug 1694670).
Frequently Asked Questions after updating Firefox
Mozilla Foundation developers make Firefox for Windows, MacOS and Linux available in multiple languages. Note that installing Firefox will overwrite your existing version of Firefox. Your bookmarks or diary will not be lost. However, some extensions and other add-ons will no longer work until appropriate updates or updates are available.