Over the course of the day, the Mozilla Foundation released Firefox 91.1 ESR for Windows, MacOS and Linux and Firefox 78.14 ESR and the standard version 92 of Firefox for Windows, MacOS and Linux. The update includes many new features, fixes and stability and performance improvements and will be distributed automatically over the next few days. Firefox can now automatically switch to HTTPS by using the HTTPS RR as the Alt-Svc header. Full color levels are supported for video playback in many settings. Mac users can now access the MacOS sharing options from the Firefox File menu. Support for images with ICC V4 profiles is implemented under Magos. This update also closes security holes in older versions of Firefox. You can find details about security holes closed with Firefox 92 Here. Users who have installed an older version of Firefox will automatically receive an update. You can download the update from here Help -> via Firefox -> Update to version 92.0 Can also be loaded manually. More information about this update can be found below or in Mozilla.
Download -> Download Firefox 92.0 for Windows, MacOS and Linux
Version 92.0 of Firefox for desktop is now available for download from Mozilla:
Download version 92.0 of Firefox for Windows, MacOS and Linux:
Firefox version 92.0 includes the following new features and improvements:
- Highly secure connections: Firefox can now automatically upgrade to HTTPS using HTTPS RR as Alt-Svc headers.
- Full-scale color levels are now supported for video playback on many computers.
- Mac users can now access the MacOS sharing options from the Firefox File menu.
- Support for images with ICC v4 profiles is implemented in macOS.
- Firefox performance with screen readers and other access tools will no longer be severely reduced if Mozilla Thunderbird is installed or updated after Firefox.
- macOS VoiceOver now accurately reports buttons and links marked ‘extended’ using the Aria-extended attribute.
- An open alert on one tab will not cause performance issues on other tabs using the same process.
- Various Security fixes.
- Bookmark toolbar menus on MacOS now follow the Firefox display style.
- Certificate error pages have been redesigned for better user experience.
Frequently Asked Questions after updating Firefox
Mozilla Foundation developers make Firefox for Windows, MacOS and Linux available in multiple languages. Note that installing Firefox overwrites an existing version of Firefox. Your bookmarks or chronicle will not be lost. However, some extensions and other add-ons will no longer work until appropriate updates or updates are available.
Professional bacon fanatic. Explorer. Avid pop culture expert. Introvert. Amateur web evangelist.