Mozilla has announced the availability of version 89 of the Firefox browser for Windows, MacOS and Linux. The new version gives Firefox a modern new look, which is easy to use and clear. The update brings customized toolbars and menus so you can put important things first so you can find what you need. The tabs contain clear information and support focused and flexible work. There are further improvements, bug fixes and security improvements, which can be found below. This update also covers 9 vulnerabilities in older versions of Firefox. Details on security holes covered with Firefox 89 can be found here Here. Users who have installed an older version of Firefox will receive the update automatically. You can download the update from here Help -> via Firefox -> Update to version 89.0 Can be loaded manually. More information about this update can be found below or from Mozilla.
Download -> Download Firefox 89.0 for Windows, MacOS and Linux
Firefox version 89.0 for desktop is now available for download from Mozilla:
Download Firefox version 89.0 for Windows, MacOS and Linux:
Firefox version 89.0 includes the following new features and improvements:
- Say hello to the new fast Firefox, designed to get you where you want to go even faster. We have redesigned and modernized the core experience to be cleaner, more inviting and easier to use.
- Starting at 89 you will notice several changes:
- Simplified browser Chrome and toolbar: Frequently used items are removed to focus on the most important navigation items.
- Clear, streamlined menus: menu content reorganized and prioritized according to usage. Labels updated and iconography removed.
- Updated instructions: Infopars, panels and models have clean design and clear language.
- Inspired Tab Design: Information and surface specifications such as visual indicators for audio controls on floating tabs are beautiful when you need them. The rounded design of the active tab focuses and indicates the ability to easily move the tab as needed.
- Less interruptions: Reduced number of alerts and messages, so you can browse with less distractions.
- Coherent, serene displays: lighter portrait, refined color palette and consistent styling throughout.
- This release also includes improvements to our Privacy Offer: We’re improved the privacy of the Firefox browser’s personal browsing mode With total cookie protection, controls and blocks cookies with the site on which they are created Companies from using cookies to track your browsing Across sites. This feature was first launched in Firefox’s ETP Strict mode.
- For MacOS users, we introduce the known elastic overscroll effect from many applications. Smooth hopping animation will indicate that you have reached the end of the page.
- In addition, we have added support for smart zoom. To zoom in on the content below your cursor, double-tap your trackpad with one or two fingers on your magic mouse.
- Native Eco Menus: Eco Menus in MacOS are now native and support dark mode.
- The colors in Firefox in MacOS are no longer completed in a wide range of displays, unmarked images are considered exactly SRGP, and the colors of images marked as SRGP are now matched with CSS colors.
- In MacOS in fullscreen mode, moving your mouse to the top of the screen will not hide your tabs behind the system menu bar.
- Even in fullscreen mode on the MacOS, browser toolbars can be hidden for a fully immersive fullscreen experience. It brings MacOS compatible with Windows and Linux.
- Various consistency and Security fixes.
- Introduces the proprietary implementation of web form controls, which offers a new modern design and some improvements in page load performance. Look for layout errors on web pages that make assumptions about the dimensions or styling of form controls.
- The screen shots feature is available in the right-click context menu. You can also add a screenshot shortcut to your toolbar. Learn more.
Frequently Asked Questions after updating Firefox
Mozilla Foundation developers make Firefox for Windows, MacOS and Linux available in multiple languages. Note that installing Firefox will overwrite your existing version of Firefox. Your bookmarks or diary will not be lost. However, some extensions and other add-ons will no longer work until appropriate updates or updates are available.