Microsoft today released the 93rd edition of the Microsoft Edge for Windows and MacOS. With the new version, adding the initial settings makes it easier to deploy the Edge within the organization. Now when a new browser window is launched by an application in IE mode, an end user is in a separate session like IE11. The ability to categorize tabs into custom groups allows you to more efficiently locate, switch, and manage tabs across multiple work streams. Also, the title bar can now be hidden when using vertical tabs and it is even easier to switch to image mode. The update includes the latest security updates and 24 vulnerabilities have been fixed. Update version 93.0.961.38 is based on Google Chrome version 93.0.4577.63 and can now be downloaded via the menu with three items with the update function ›Help & Comment More information on this update can be found below or here Microsoft.
Download -> Download Microsoft Edge for Windows and MacOS
For the standard channel, updates will be released gradually in one or more days. Users who have installed an older version of the Edge will receive an update automatically. If you do not want to wait too long, you can start the update manually: Open the Edge and click the button with the three dots in the upper right corner of the window Click Help and Feedback This dialog box about Microsoft Edge is open, if an update is available, restart it Click. If required, the update can be downloaded from the official website.
You can now download the latest version of Microsoft Edge from Microsoft:
- Download Microsoft Edge for Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 and MacOS
You can download Microsoft Edge for Windows and MacOS here.
Website -> https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/edge
The new version of the Edge includes the following new features and improvements:
- Startup Settings in Microsoft Edge: Starting with Microsoft Edge version 93, adding startup settings makes it easier to deploy Microsoft Edge on your organization.
- IE mode in Microsoft Edge supports “no-merge” behavior: According to Microsoft Edge version 93, IE mode in Microsoft Edge supports “no-merge”. When a new browser window is launched by an application in IE mode, an end user is in a separate session, such as IE11. You need to customize your website list to configure the websites that should prevent session sharing. In the background of each Microsoft Edge window, if you open an IE mode tab for the first time within this window, if it is one of the designated “non-integrated” websites, I will use this window in another IE session in this window without attaching all the other Microsoft Edge windows that this window will display until the last tab is closed.
- Tab Groups: The ability to categorize tabs into custom groups allows you to more efficiently locate, switch, and manage tabs in multiple work streams. To enable this, we are activating the tab panel from Microsoft Edge version 93.
- Hide the title bar when using vertical tabs: Hide the browser’s title bar while in vertical tabs and remember extra pixels. Starting with Microsoft Edge version 93, you can choose to hide the title bar in vertical tab mode under the Edge: // Settings / Appearance and Customize Toolbar section.
- Image in Picture (PiP) from Hover Toolbar: Switching from Microsoft Edge version 93 to Image Mode (PiP) is even easier. As you hover over the supported video, a toolbar will appear allowing you to watch the video in a PiP window. Note: This is currently available for Microsoft Edge users on MacOS. Windows users look back quickly as we continue.
- Removing 3DES in TLS: Support for the TLS_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA encryption package has been removed under Microsoft Edge version 93. This change is taking place in the Microsoft Edge based Chromium program. This compatibility wizard is obsolete and no longer works on Microsoft Edge version 95. Be sure to update the affected servers in advance.
- Security Amendments-> CVE-2021-30606, CVE-2021-30607, CVE-2021-30608, CVE-2021-30609, CVE-2021-30610, CVE-2021-30611, CVE-2021-30612, CVE-2021- 30613, CVE-2021-30614, CVE-2021-30615, CVE-2021-30616, CVE-2021-30617, CVE-2021-30618, CVE-2021-30619, CVE-2021-30620, CVE-2021-30621, CVE-2021-30622, CVE-2021-30623, CVE-2021-30624, CVE-2021-36930, CVE-2021-26436, CVE-2021-26439, CVE-2021-38641 und CVE-2021-38642.
- Various bugs and performance issues have been fixed.
Feature updates and release specifications for Microsoft Edge 92 can be found here Here.
Microsoft Edge for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
Microsoft Edge will continue to support Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 until January 15, 2022. These operating systems are no longer supported, and Microsoft recommends switching to a supported operating system, such as Windows 10. To support IE mode under these operating systems, devices must be Extended security updates for Windows 7 Feature
Microsoft Edge for Desktop -> Description via Microsoft
The new Microsoft Edge has been rebuilt from the ground up to provide you with the best quality compatibility and performance, the security and privacy you deserve and the best features on the Internet. Based on the new Microsoft Edge Chromium engine, which improves compatibility and facilitates cross-platform development of web applications. When switching to the new version, the saved information for favorites, passwords, forms and basic settings will be changed without the customer doing anything. Microsoft Edge comes with optimal performance, gets new logo and has many innovations for private and corporate customers.
Professional bacon fanatic. Explorer. Avid pop culture expert. Introvert. Amateur web evangelist.