Microsoft released the standard version 92 of the Microsoft Edge for Windows and MacOS on Friday night. The new version allows users to reload a website in IE mode on the Edge instead of trusting the IE11 application. Also, MHTML file types can be opened automatically in IE mode on Microsoft Edge instead of IE11 application. This is most commonly found when trying to view Outlook email in the browser. This change only occurs when IE11 is the default handler for this file type. Users can upgrade their navigation from HTTP to HTTPS on domains that support this secure protocol. The update also includes the latest security updates for the Chromium program. It covered 24 vulnerabilities in older versions of Microsoft Edge. Update for version 92.0.902.55 is based on Google Chrome 92 for desktop, now three items ›help and feedback via the update function via the menu Information about Microsoft Edge and can be downloaded directly from the official website. More information about this update can be found below or at Microsoft.
Download -> Download Microsoft Edge for Windows and MacOS
Depending on the standard channel, updates are released gradually in one or more days. Users who have installed an older version of the Edge will receive the update automatically. If you do not want to wait too long, you can start the update manually: Open the Edge and click the three dot button in the upper right corner of the window Click Help Help and Feedback About Microsoft Edge When this dialog box opens, Edge is looking for updates if a refund is found, Click Restart to run it. If required, the update can be downloaded from the official website.
You can now download the latest version of Microsoft Edge from Microsoft:
- Download Microsoft Edge for Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 and MacOS
You can download Microsoft Edge for Windows and MacOS.
Website -> https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/edge
The new version of the Edge includes the following new features and improvements:
- Natural language search for browsing history in the address bar: Finding the item / website you are looking for is now easier thanks to the natural language search from the address bar. You can find search results based on keywords such as page content / description / time / title for title.
- Microsoft Edge users can easily switch to Internet Explorer mode: Beginning with the Edge 92, users can reload a website in Microsoft Edge Internet Explorer mode. . Users are asked to add the website to their local website list so that navigation to the same page in Microsoft Edge is automatically provided in IE mode for the next 30 days.
- By default, MHTML files are opened in Internet Explorer mode. Starting with the Edge 92 stable, the MHTML file types will automatically open in Internet Explorer mode in Microsoft Edge instead of the Internet Explorer application. This is most commonly found when trying to view Outlook email in the browser. This change only occurs when IE11 is the default handler for this file type.
- Payment tools are now synced across devices. Starting with the Edge 92, you have the option to sync your payment information across your registered devices.
- Manage your extensions directly via the toolbar: Extensions can be easily hidden / pinned using the “Brand New Extensions” menu in the toolbar. Quick links to manage extensions and find new extensions make it easier to find new extensions and manage existing extensions.
- Automated HTTPS: Users have the option to upgrade their navigation from HTTP to HTTPS domains, which is likely to support a more secure protocol. You can configure this support to try sending via HTTPS to all domains.
- Font rendering improvements: Text rendering has been improved to improve clarity and blur.
- Security Amendments -> CVE-2021-30565, CVE-2021-30566, CVE-2021-30567, CVE-2021-30568, CVE – 2021-30569, CVE-2021-30571, CVE-2021-30572, CVE-2021- 30573, CVE-2021-30574, CVE – 2021-30575, CVE-2021-30576, CVE-2021-30577, CVE-2021-30578, CVE-2021-30579, CVE – 2021-30580, CVE-2021-30581, CVE-2021-30582, CVE-2021-30583, CVE-2021-30584, CVE-2021-30585, CVE-2021-30586, CVE-2021-30587, CVE-2021-30588 und CVE-2021-30589.
- Various bugs and performance issues have been fixed.
Feature updates and release notes for Microsoft Edge 92 can be found here Here.
Microsoft Edge for Desktop -> Description via Microsoft
The new Microsoft Edge has been rebuilt from the ground up, giving you the best class compatibility and performance, security and privacy you need and the best features on the web. Based on the new Microsoft Edge Chromium engine, which improves compatibility and facilitates cross-site development of web applications. When switching to the new version, the saved information for passwords, passwords, and basic settings will be changed without the customer doing anything. Microsoft Edge comes with optimal performance, gets new logo and has many innovations for private and corporate clients.