With the Citra emulator you can enjoy our favorite Nintendo 3DS games on mobile.
A few years ago we wanted to have a console at home to play our favorite games, but today, with the power and performance that our smartphone gives, we can now enjoy it anywhere.
In this sense, we have a large gaming table in mobile app stores such as the App Store and Google Play Store, but, in addition, we have the ability to track the best games on consoles such as the Nintendo 3DS or PlayStation. 2
In this case, we will explain step by step how to install the prototype for Android of Nintendo 3DS, one of the best-selling Nintendo consoles in history.
There are some options to enjoy a Nintendo 3DS emulator on our terminal, but the favorite of most users who use this type of app is the Citra emulator.
Next, we will explain what features our mobile should have to use Citra Emulator, how to download and install this application on your mobile and which games are compatible with this Nintendo 3DS Emulator for Android.
What characteristics must our terminal have to use the Citra emulator?
An important piece of information you need to know before promoting the installation of the Citra Emulator on your Android mobile is the minimum system requirements for this processor to work.
Console emulators on Android: Third generation
So, the features that our smartphone should have for this Nintendo 3DS prototype to work properly are as follows:
- Android 8 Orio or higher.
- Support for OpenGL 3.2.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 or better processor.
How To Download And Install Citra Emulator For Android
Here are the steps we need to follow to download and install Citra Emulator on our Android smartphone:
- We downloaded the Citra Emulator Processor from the Google Play Store.
- Once downloaded, we will open the application on our terminal.
- We will receive a notification saying that this processor does not have Nintendo 3DS games and must be downloaded on mobile to play them.
- A window will appear in which you need to click on Allow application to grant access to the files on our device.
- We select the folder of our mobile where we have stored the ROMs of Nintendo 3DS games.
- Click the option that appears at the bottom of the application under the heading Select this directory.
- We choose the game we want to play by clicking on all the games in our list.
- We look forward to seeing you load the game and enjoy it!
What games does the Citra emulator support for Android?
Like any video game emulator the first thing we need is to have the ROM of the games we want to run and in the case of Citra emulator this processor is compatible with .CCIs, .CXI. 3DS and .3DSX formats, but not in .CIA format.
The table of games compatible with this application is very large and has a very high percentage of Nintendo 3DS titles that work perfectly or almost exactly, and accurately over 50%.
No, you can not run PS4 or PS3 by downloading the emulator from Google Play
Anyway, if you want to know if this console can run on a particular game citra emulator, you should go to the full list of its compatible games.
Related Lessons: Android, Games, Nintendo
Professional bacon fanatic. Explorer. Avid pop culture expert. Introvert. Amateur web evangelist.