PDF is a widely used and very practical format, but not very flexible. If this does not allow you to take pictures of a file, there are very simple solutions to achieve this. In this quick tutorial, we will give you some of them. Three must be accurate.
A PDF file is not interactive, so it is not possible to extract an image or an excerpt from a Word document or PowerPoint. Still, there are easy solutions to do that. In this tutorial we will give you Three simple manipulations Take a picture from a PDF. If you are not comfortable with computers, be sure, these methods can be done by anyone.
Before you get started, be aware that all of these manipulations are done on Windows 10 (and also work on Windows 11). But some of them can also be used on Mac.
Use the Windows Screenshot Tool:
Windows 10 offers many ways to easily take screen shots. You can see the various manipulations in this dedicated tutorial, but for this, we will satisfy you with the simplest:
- Open your PDF and go to where your favorite image is.
- Open Screenshot tool (Via the Windows search bar on the bottom left of your taskbar).
- In this tool, click New
- Select the PDF section you want to save
- Save your image
Note that this method works for a PDF, but the screenshot tool works on everything displayed in front of your eyes. So you can use it on web pages, various documents or even applications.
LibreOffice is a free software package that can be compared to the Microsoft Office suite. This allows you to easily retrieve an image from a PDF:
- Open your PDF with LibreOffice Basic (Using the context menu, right-click on the icon and click Open with)
- If you can not find it in the list, click Choose another application And select LibreOffice
- The document opens
- All images in the document can be saved independently by right-clicking on them.
Very simple method, but one with the drawback of downloading something you do not need.
Use a third-party site:
You can navigate through specialized sites to extract images from a PDF. The most basic method is, without a doubt, simple in this tutorial. It has the advantage of being completely online, so you are not forced to download a dedicated tool on your computer.
- Go to the site ILovePDF
- And then click PDF and JPG
- Click Select the PDF file.
- When done, select one of the two options on the right. All pages can be converted to standalone JPGs or can only take pictures of the original file.
- Wait a few seconds for the change to occur.
- Download your file to your computer Unwrap it.
This method has the advantage of being fast and having all the pictures at once. Easy if you want to recover everything in one PDF.
Of course there are other methods to capture a PDF image such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, Photoshop (Money) or PDF Converter. In fact, they all have the same result: you have the image you want outside of the original file. With these three techniques, you can easily achieve.Even if you are not good with the computer. Feel free to give your methods in the comments!
Professional bacon fanatic. Explorer. Avid pop culture expert. Introvert. Amateur web evangelist.