iOS 14 will be released in India on September 17th. Apple initially announced iOS 14 in June this year at the WWDC. Some of the key features of iOS 14 include widget support, an application library, and Pixar-in-Pixer (PIP) when making FaceTime calls. In this guide, we are going to tell you how to download and install iOS 14 and iPod OS on your compatible iPhone or iPad.
Before you begin the process, keep in mind that you can install the latest iOS update on your iPhone or iPad via WiFi or Mac Finder. Windows users can install the latest software update via iTunes. As always, be sure to take a full backup of your iPhone or iPad before proceeding. Here is a list of compatible iPhone and iPod models that will receive the latest update.
IPhone and iPad models get iOS 14 and iPad 14
The following iPhone models will receive the iOS 14 update:
The following iPod models will receive the latest iPod OS update:
How to Download and Install iOS 14, iPod OS via WiFi
Here’s how to download iOS 14 and iPod OS on your compatible iPhone or iPad. Follow these steps.
- On your iPhone or iPod, go Settings > General > Software update. This will start the process of checking for updates on your device.
- Tap Download and install.
- Your download will start now. Speed obviously depends on how fast your internet connection is. Note that this requires WiFi and cannot be done through a mobile data connection.
- When the download is complete, tap Install.
- Tap I agree When you look at Apple’s terms and conditions.
How to Download and Install iOS 14, iPod OS via Mac Finder
Follow these steps to install iOS 14 and iPod OS on your iPhone or iPad via Finder on Mac.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac via the charging cable.
Once the profile of the phone or tablet is loaded, click Test update Under the software.
- Next, click Download and update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to guide you through the rest of the process.
How to Download and Install iOS 14, iPad OS via iTunes on Windows
Follow these steps to install iOS 14 and iPod OS on your iPhone or iPad via iTunes on Windows.
- If iTunes is not installed on your computer, click here to download. Once installed, open it ITunes.
- Now, connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer via lightning cable.
- In iTunes, your device’s icon will be displayed on the top left. Click on that icon. You need to open your device to display the icon.
- Click Summary In the left pane of iTunes.
- In the right pane, you will see a button labeled Test update. Click on it.
- Next, click Download and update Follow the on-screen instructions to guide you through the rest of the process.
By following these simple steps, you can download and install iOS 14 or iPod OS on your compatible iPhone or iPad.
For more tutorials, visit our How-to section.
Is Android One blocking Nokia smartphones in India? You can subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts or RSS, download the episode or press the Play button below.
For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook and Google News. For the latest videos on gadgets and technology, subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Aman Rashid Amazon fee to sell Google Play recharge codes, live for currently selected users RealMe 7 on sale in India today at 12 noon via Flipkart, RealMe.com: Pricing, Specifications