Apple has released a major update to all its OS. If iOS 14.5 attracts more attention, we should not ignore the MacOS 11.3 update which will bring a share of new features.
Perhaps this is due to the specific circumstances of this period, but Apple seems to be changing the development of its ecosystem. The company relies on the most important updates for each of its devices every year, but offers a wealth of intermediate updates with a greater range of new features.
The release of the iOS 14.5 update is a perfect example, with its many modifications, especially on the privacy page. On the Mac page, the MacOS 11.3 update is now available for download.
What’s new in MacOS 11.3?
This new version brings some important changes, especially for machines that use the Apple M1 chip, such as the MacBook Air or MacBook Pro. From now on, iPhone and iPad applications that can be downloaded directly from the Mac App Store will be better managed by the computer with the ability to change the capability or size of the keyboard and mouse for new topics. Application window.
For gamers, note the support for the new PS5 and Xbox Series X controllers, such as iOS 14.5. Admittedly, some games can be enjoyed, especially on M1 devices, but this compatibility is great news for Apple Arcade titles and cloud gaming services. As long as we talk about compatibility, this update also allows MacOS to manage new Apple AirDacs.
Apple Release Notes
Here is a list of new features as described by Apple.
Airtake and find
- Airtake support for tracking and locating my key findings, your key items such as keys, wallet, backpack and more, Discover my application
- Find My Network, with hundreds of millions of devices, will help you find it even if your airtake is not nearby.
- Lost mode will notify you if your airtake is detected and you can enter a contact phone number
IPhone and iPad apps on the Mac with the Apple chip
- Option to change the window size of the iPhone and iPad app
- Support for displaying the full resolution version of the best resolutions of the iPhone or iPad app
- Keyboard support for iPhone and iPod games designed to use device tilt
- Keyboard, mouse and trackpad support for iPhone and iPod games that support gamepads
- Support for different skin tones for each person in all variations of kissing pair emoji and pairing with heart emoji
- Girl with new face emoji, heart emoji, beard emoji
- Autoplay causes music to play continuously, automatically starting a similar song when you reach the end of a song or playlist
- City rankings show that it is popular in more than 100 cities in the world rankings
- The podcast pages have been redesigned to start listening
- The option to save and download chapters automatically adds them to your library for quick access
- Download behavior and notification settings can be customized for each podcast
- Popular search rankings and types help you discover new podcasts
- The order of the sections on the start page can now be customized
- Additional WebExtensions APIs allow developers to provide extensions that change the new tab page
- The WebSpeak API allows developers to incorporate speech recognition into their web pages for title, command, and real-time voice navigation.
- Support for WebM and Vorbis video and audio formats
- Possibility to deploy smart list today
- Support for syncing the list of reminders in the lists on all your devices
- Possibility to print your reminder lists
- Xbox Series X | Support for S and Sony PS5 DualSense ™ Wireless Controllers
Update is now available.
Professional bacon fanatic. Explorer. Avid pop culture expert. Introvert. Amateur web evangelist.