Samsung has released a new update this week with various upgrades for the Galaxy Note 20 series. The update includes a security update for Google’s May 2021 and bug fixes for each update: with this update, the security of the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series has been improved. Also, Samsung has improved the performance and quick sharing of the camera. Using Quick Partition can improve file sharing on Galaxy devices. It is recommended to back up the data before the update so that it is protected during the update. The update for the Galaxy Note 20 series can now be downloaded and installed using the update function via ⚙ Menu Settings → Software Update → Download. More information about this update can be found below or from Samsung.
May 2021 -> Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series update for specification
The update contains the following build number, which can now be downloaded and installed using the update function ⚙ Menu Settings Software Update.
- Device: Galaxy Note 20 (SM-N980F) – Build Number: N980FXXU2DUDA
- Device: Galaxy Note 20 5G (SM-N981B) – Build Number: N981BXXU2DUDA
- Device: Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G (SM-N986B) – Build Number: N986BXXU2DUDA
- Release Date: 2021-04-28 – Security Connection Status: 2020-05-01
New Features and Improvements for the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Series:
- Camera performance has been improved.
- Improved Quick Partition: Upgrade File Partition on Galaxy Devices Using Quick Partition.
- The security of your device has been improved.
Software updates for Samsung Galaxy models
If you get a new smartphone or tablet, you will receive software updates from Samsung even after you purchase it. These may be new functions, but they are also security updates that are available for download. We recommend installing these updates as soon as they are released. Notification of availability of new updates for your smartphone or tablet is very easy: if automatic update is enabled, you will automatically receive a notification on your mobile device when an update is available for download and installation.