When you are Attempts to upgrade the PS4 version of a game to the PS5 version, It can be tricky to make sure you are downloading the correct version. We show in this guide How you download PS5 version Of the cross-gen game instead of the PS4 version.
How to make sure to download the PS5 version instead of the PS4 version
To confirm that you are downloading the PS5 version of the cross-gen game instead of the PS4 version, follow the steps below. For further reading, check out our massive update regularly PS5 Complete Guide.
- Since PS5 versions of cross-gen games are often larger than PS4 versions, make sure you have enough space on your console
- Sign in PlayStation Store
- Find the cross gen game you want to upgrade. The full list of PS4 games offered by PS5 Games can be found here
- There should be a box on the right side of the screen next to the main view “Free PS5 Update”
- Highlight this box and press the X button
- Select “Download” and press the X button
- PS5 version will download now
Guide: PS5 Upgraded Game List – Every PS4, PS5 Game with Advanced Graphics Systems
Once the game is finished in your library, you still run the risk of downloading the PS4 version incorrectly. Make sure you are downloading the PS5 version, Follow these steps:
- As before, make sure you have enough storage on your console to download the PS5 version of the game you want
- Go to your library
- Select the game you want to download PS5 version From
- You should see an icon with two dots and an arrow below
- Make sure you highlight the version of the game that does not say ‘PS4’
- Highlight this version
- Press the X button
- PS5 version of the game Downloading now
We hope you find this guide useful!