FRITZ! FRITZ for Box 6890 LTE! FRITZ upgrades to OS 7.29! Box manufacturer AVM released today. FRITZ! The update to OS 7.29 only includes bug fixes and improvements to cellular communications, the Internet, telephone, USB and system; These can be found below. Improved compatibility with MacOS 12.0 Monterey and some older devices such as printers and scanners. FRITZ! Update FRITZ for OS 7.29! Box 6890 is available for international and A / CH versions of LTE and FRITZ! Box can be installed via the start page of the user interface. Repeaters, Powerline or FRITZ! AVM recommends that all users view the mesh overview of the FRITZ! Box to see if there are any updates to other products, such as Fon. These updates are FRITZ! The box will also be displayed on the start page. More information on this update can be found below or from AVM.
Download -> FRITZ! OS 7.29 FRITZ! Download Box 6890 LTE
With each update, AVM security improves, so it is recommended that every user perform the update as soon as possible. FRITZ! Update FRITZ for OS 7.29! Box 6890 LTE is now FRITZ! The box is available for download from the user interface and AVM. FRITZ! Open the Box user interface -> Enter fritz.box in the web browser -> Assistants -> Update -> Search for new FRITZ! Click OS to start the update and follow the instructions for the new FRITZ. OS.
The new firmware can be downloaded from the following AVM website:
FRITZ! The update to OS 7.29 includes the following new features and improvements:
- Fixed: In very rare cases the cellular modem will be permanently restarted when the system is started.
- Fixed: No 3G data connection to FRITZ since upgrade!
- Fix: LTE connection not available if there is an error in the SMS memory on the SIM card.
- Improvement: Renewal of trusted root certification authorities.
- Improvement: When enabling Internet access for storage media via FTP / FTPS, the approximate pre-assigned port number is displayed.
- Fixed: FRITZ on Vodafone connection with ADSL profile! No PPPoE connection was established when using the box.
- Fixed: Unlimited phone availability when using a phone with IPv6.
- Improvement: Increased mobility when using an encrypted phone.
- Improvement: Very strong against loss of encrypted telephone connection.
- Fixed: Compatibility with MacOS 12.0 Monterey updated.
- Fixed: Improved compatibility with some older devices (printer, scanner).
- Improvement: Increased stability.
Note: To use the new functionality, use a web browser with HTML5 support, for example current versions of Chrome, Edge or Firefox.
Professional bacon fanatic. Explorer. Avid pop culture expert. Introvert. Amateur web evangelist.