FRITZ! Box Manufacturer AVM, FRITZ! Maintenance update for OS 7.27 FRITZ! Released for Box 7520. The update only includes bug fixes and improvements to DSL, Internet, WLAN, Phone, DECD and System, which are listed below. There were even Weak points Fixed handling of incoming fragmented packets and integrated MPDUs. FRITZ! New FRITZ for Box 7520! There are three simple ways to install OS 7.27: automatic update function, an update via mesh overview or FRITZ! An installation via the box’s user interface. Users New FRITZ! OS automatically or FRITZ! Box users get the interface with a single click. FRITZ is the easiest way to start an update! The mesh of the box is in perspective. Repeaters, Powerline or Fritz! All users are welcome to see if there are any updates to other products like Phone! AVM recommends checking the mesh overview of the box. These updates are FRITZ! The box will also be displayed on the start page. More information about this update can be found below or at AVM.
Download -> FRITZ! FRITZ OS 7.27! Download to Box 7520
With each update, AVM improves security, so it is recommended that every user update as soon as possible. Fritz! Fritz for the Box 7520! Update for OS 7.27 now Fritz! The box is available for download via the user interface and from AVM. FRITZ! Open the box user interface -> Enter the fritz.box in the web browser and login -> Click on Help -> Update -> Start the update by clicking New FRITZ! Search for OS New FRITZ! Follow the instructions to get the OS.
FRITZ! Update for OS 7.27 is now available for download from AVM:
FRITZ! The update to OS 7.27 includes the following new features and improvements:
- Improvement: Deutsche Telecom: Automatic setting of phone numbers when connecting to a fiber optic modem via WAN / LAN 1 (Easy Support).
- Fix: VPN connections are sometimes broken after long connection time based on third party solutions.
- Fix: In some situations, WLAN devices on the home network could not be accessed via VPN.
- Improvement: Increased stability
- Fixed: Possible issues with recording repeaters after changing WLAN encryption from “WPA2 + WPA3” to “encrypted”.
- Fix: With encrypted WiFi, the WPS functionality for WiFi guest access does not work reliably.
- Fix: The legend below the graphic “Allocation of WLAN Channels” is not shown in one line (“WLAN / Radio Channel” page).
- Change: A necessary change from Google for the future use of an online phone book.
- Fix: When using commercial telephone platform “Telecom Companyflex” the phone numbers will no longer be recorded after editing in the user interface.
- Fix: Call modules will not be displayed if they have input without a phone number.
- OK: Search by phone name is possible, but not by phone number.
- Fix: The internal fax function cannot be set if there is input without the phone number in the phone book.
- Fix: When using an encrypted phone, after a call is dropped by the caller before accepting the call, FRITZ! The phones in the box may sound endless.
- Fix: Three-way conference on analog phone does not work in isolated cases.
- Fixed: Some functionality is no longer available after a long runtime (e.g. media player, search update …).
- Change: Bush service: Various changes to the text of the email “Change notification”.
- Fixed: In some cases Google Authenticator code could not be entered in the user interface.
Note: Use a web browser with HTML5 support, for example, current versions of Chrome, Edge or Firefox to use new functions.