- Chief Minister of Delhi
Arvind Kejriwal‘Green Delhi’ launched its mobile app on Thursday.
- The Green Delhi application will allow citizens to report directly to the Government of Delhi on activities that cause pollution.
- Here is how to download the ‘Green Delhi’ app.
Amid rising air pollution in the national capital, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday launched the ‘Green Delhi’ mobile app. The Green Delhi application will allow citizens to report directly to the Government of Delhi on activities that cause pollution.
Speaking to the media online, Kejriwal said the government wants to involve everyone in the fight against pollution as “no big change can happen without the support of the people”.
Launch of ‘Green Delhi’ application to increase and ensure timely participation of citizens in our fight against pollution https://t.co/7jcbhHGTKM
& mdash; Arvind Kejriwal (r Arvind Kejriwal) 1603953084000
“We have taken initiatives in the last five years and since then the pollution here has been reduced by 25%. We are still taking action as all the thermal power plants in Delhi have been shut down. 95% of the industries in Delhi have been converted to fuel. Now they are using non-polluting fuels,” Kejriwal said.
How does the ‘Green Delhi’ application work?
- The ‘Green Delhi’ application allows citizens to click on images or create any activity that causes pollution, such as garbage burning, industrial pollution, dust, etc.
- Citizens can then upload the digital photo to the app and it will automatically identify the location.
- Once the location is identified, the complaint will be filed and forwarded to the concerned department for timely resolution.
Kejriwal said the cabinet had prepared a strict deadline for each type of complaint. Once the department has filed a complaint, they must upload a picture of the location as well.
A ‘Green War Room’ has been set up at the Delhi Secretariat to monitor the status of complaints. He said a team of 70 ‘green’ marshals would help with their relief.
How to download ‘Green Delhi’ application?
You can download the app from the Google Playstore by following these simple steps:
- Go to the Google Playstore app on your Android phone.
- You will see ‘
Application of Green Delhi. ‘
- Now press ‘install’.
- Once installed, you can sign in using your mobile number.
See also: Baiju sponsor Lightspeed India invests in Deachmind, a live training site
COVID-19 Vaccine Updates: Pfizer, Moderna release the COVID-19 vaccine by December
Dow Craters 943 points on worst day of June as virus spike triggers new locks