OnePlus will launch its upcoming OnePlus 8T handset next week. While this is what we are all looking forward to, the company has now released the stable Android 11 with the Oxygen OS 11 update on the OnePus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. If you are anxiously waiting for the update, you can download it now through the settings in your OnePlus 8.
The Android-based Stable Oxygen OS 11 update is now available for download on the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro
Oxygen OS 11 based on Android 11 brings many new additions to the table. One of the major changes to come with the build is the new UI Visual Design, which offers expanded features to make it easier for users to use large screen devices. If the rollout has started and it is not yet available for you, be patient and keep checking it out. This update will be fully available to OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro users next week.
Apart from this, the Android 11 update for the OnePlus 8 series also includes new conversation viewing, chat bubbles, new privacy and security features and a smart dashboard. What you need to do to install the update:
1. First, get started Settings’ app On your OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 8 Pro.
2. Scroll down and go System.
3. Now, select Software update.
4. Now press Download and install now Button
See the entire changelog of the Android 11 based Oxygen OS 11 update for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro below.
- The newest new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with a variety of optimizations.
- The newest weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can now have day and night on your hands.
- Optimized stability and better user experience on some third party applications.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of phonetic mode. You can now choose from three modes of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in small window for Instagram and WhatsApp. (In gaming mode, enable it by swiping down from the top left / right corner of the screen)
- Newly added Miss-Touch prevention feature. Turn it on, swipe down from the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Surrounding display
- Always added on-ambient display function, custom schedule / all day option. (To set: Settings> Display> Surround Display)
- Newly added insight clock style, joint creation with Parsons School of Design. This varies according to the phone usage data. (To set: Settings> Customization> Clock Style)
- Newly added 10 new watch styles. (To set: Settings> Customization> Clock Style)
- Dark mode
- Added shortcut key for dark mode, drag quick setting to get started.
- Support automatically turns on the feature and customize the time range. (To set: Settings> Display> Dark Mode> Turn on automatically> Start automatically from sunset to sunrise / favorable time range.)
- Zen mode
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grasslands, etc.) and more time options.
- Group feature is included in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and start Zen Mode together.
- Story function is supported, automatically creating weekly videos with photos and videos in stock.
- The loading speed has been optimized and the image preview is now faster.
- The widget on the desktop may not appear. It can be set as follows: Tap Long on Desktop – Select “Widget” – “Settings” – Widget.
At the moment, the Oxygen OS 11 update based on Android 11 is only available for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. However, the company will release updates for its older devices, including the OnePlus 7T Series, OnePlus 7 Series, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 6 and OnePlus Nord in the near future. Oxygen OS 11 will be released one month after resting in the beta phase.
That’s all there is to it, folks. Have you updated to Android 11 on your OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 8 Pro? Let us know in the comments.
Professional bacon fanatic. Explorer. Avid pop culture expert. Introvert. Amateur web evangelist.