Nintendo and HAL Laboratory are celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the cutest pink hero ever with three new games slated for the 3DS family systems. While one of those is still quite a mystery (all we know is that it’ll be an action-fighting game), the second one – Team Kirby Clash Deluxe – is already out, and the third one – Kirby’s Blowout Blast – is in the works to hit the 3DS eShop this Summer. And today, we have more new on the latter.
In an interview given for Japanese website Nintendo Dream, HAL Laboratory’s Shinya Kumazaki shared new details on the upcoming Kirby’s Blowout Blast. Here are the interesting parts:
- The sub-game Kirby 3D Rumble (in Kirby: Planet Robobot) that inspired Kirby’s Blowout Blast was an experiment to bring 3D in a Kirby game. Kumazaki also wanted to challenge himself in making it.
- Kirby’s Blowout Blast will be played on one screen with a fixed camera.
- The team balanced the shooting range, homing ability, and inhaling detection so that they wouldn’t end up becoming unnatural in a 3D environment.
- No copy abilities and command moves, Kumazaki wanted a pure Kirby experience, and to come back to the roots since it’s the series’ 25th anniversary.
- Kirby’s Blowout Blast is being developed with the key idea that it’s “The First 3D Kirby”.
In other news, Nintendo of America has updated the official page of Kirby’s Blowout Blast, giving new infos on the game. Here’s everything:
Have a blast inhaling foes and blowing them away in 3D environments across 25+ stages. Inhale enough enemies and you can launch one huge Blaster Bullet capable of wiping out a troop of Waddle Dees. Now’s your chance to battle iconic bosses like Kracko Jr and King Dedede in 3D!
Inhaling multiple enemies to launch Blaster Bullets is a great way to pump up your score and go for a bronze, silver, or gold star. Another way to score big is to rack up a combo by continuously firing at enemies without missing. Or you could always just collect coins as you jump across platforms. As you progress, you’ll unlock EX stages, which provide a tougher challenge to master. Celebrate your victories by tapping a Kirby series amiibo figure to build a statue in the plaza that plays new music!
– Inhale enemies to launch Blaster Bullets and take out groups of enemies in a 3D space
– Obtain a bronze, silver, or gold trophy while shooting for a high score
– Face down beloved Kirby series bosses like Kracko Jr and King Dedede
– Unlock EX stages and master them for an even tougher challenge