While many of us are still waiting for more news on Super Meat Boy Forever (which might come to Switch), Edmund McMillen – creator of the franchise – just teased a short video of a secret project on his Twitter account. This next game is apparently getting a full reveal trailer by next week, ahead of E3. And yes, it’s slated for a release on Nintendo Switch.
In addition, Edmund McMillen took a few minutes to answer fans’ questions. Here’s the interesting stuff:
- Not a sequel of Gish, Binding of Isaac, Time Fuck or Super Meat Boy… a totally new IP!
- Action-platform genre, not Rogue-like
- Priced at $15
- Out before August, apparently in July
- Great replay ability, like Binding of Isaac or Super Meat Boy
- Apparently hard
- Loads of achievements
- Contains a progression system
- Could be related to Øuroboros
- Not more story-oriented than previous games
- Contains references to Edmund McMillen
- And possibly references to Back To The Future (huh?)
- Music done by Ridiculon