Arcade basketball game NBA Playgrounds received today the Update 1.1.0 on PC. And while we’re waiting for it to be deployed on our Switch consoles (along the patch to improve loading times), its patch notes are most probably giving away what’s about to come for us.
Among the notable changes, an online Challenge Mode is introduced, along with a Toxicity System that’ll penalise players who rage quit (no details on how they’re penalised…). A total of 20 players are also added to the roster, counting 5 variants of the Shaq based on his history in the several teams he’s been a part of. And FINALLY, a shot-meter is added to know when is the best timing to throw the ball at the hoop.
- Challenge Mode: challenge other players in online matches. You can switch between unranked challenges and ranked games in the online mode. To challenge another player, you must switch to the challenge mode in the online menu and input a challenge code. By default, your challenge code is your nickname, but you can change it to your own, personal code. The person you are challenging must enter your code. If you have been challenged, please enter your challenger’s code and press “Accept”. All challenges are unranked and your ranking/ELO will be unaffected by the results of the challenge.
- Toxicity System/Disconnection Manager: penalises players who abandon matches in any other way than surrendering.
- 5 new versions of Shaquille O´Neal (Boston Celtics, Miami Heat, Phoenix Suns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Orlando Magic)
- 15 new players join the roster: Dennis Rodman, Isaiah Thomas, Larry Bird, Giannis Antetokoumnpo, Kenny Smith, Gary Payton, Klay Thompson, Devin Booker, Tony Parker, Kemba Walker, Seth Curry, Tiny Archibald, John Starks, Tracy McGrady, Pete Maravich
- A shot-meter was added to help finding the perfect timing for shots, dunks etc.
- Shots adjusted to make the system more accessible and unified throughout all variations
- Steal action was adjusted further to better fit the intended gameplay. It is now possible to perform a steal action when behind an opponent.
- 3 pointers no longer fill lottery pick bar
- Difficulty of 3 pointers was increased
- Steals required for the Las Vegas Challenge #2 was reduced to 10 (was 15)
- 3-pointers needed for the Paris Challenge #4 was reduced to 6 (was 7)
- 3-pointers needed for the London Challenge #1 was reduced to 6 (was 10)
- 3-pointers needed for the Las Vegas Challenge #3 was reduced to 8 (was 12)
- Inbound time reduced to adjust it to the overall style of the game