Grezzo’s new action-adventure RPG Ever Oasis will hit the stores on June 23rd for 3DS, and Nintendo lifted today the preview restrictions that allow several websites to share their first impressions on the game. So here are more infos on this title, along with an official trailer from Nintendo and gameplay videos showing a side quest with desert exploration.
Born from the imagination of Koichi Ishii, creator of the Mana series, Ever Oasis is a game where you play Tethu, chief of the last oasis in the world. Your main role is to manage this oasis: choose which shops to build, stock their inventories, collect a share of the profits, keep villagers happy by fulfilling requests, etc. And to do so, you’ll have to recruit allies, train them and go with them on quests to explore dungeons filled with treasures.
- Tethu – Main character equipped with a sword + strong attack (tornado).
- Allies – Miura (wielding a spear), Roto (healer with a boomerang), Jasper.
- You can control each character during combats, one at a time.
- You can revive party members if one falls. If all die, there’s a one-time-only revive.
- Desert is filled with enemies, puzzle-dungeons and random caves with secrets.
- Desert has a day/night cycle, that influences specs of enemies (ex. more defence at night).
- Sometimes you’ll need to combine characters’ powers to access parts of the map (like in Golden Sun).
- Example of a quest: a traveler named Jasper lost his bag in the desert. You must retrieve it for him.
- As more visitors come to the Oasis, they bring new quests. You can encounter NPCs in the desert as well.
- Your Oasis grows in prosperity as you build shops.