Nobunaga’s Ambition Taishi announced for Switch with lots of new features
Prepare yourself for another immersion in the Japanese feudal Sengoku period, Koei’s strategy role-playing simulation game series Nobunaga’s Ambition is back, with another title confirmed for the Nintendo Switch.
Revealed in the latest issue of the Weekly Famitsu magazine, this new instalment in the franchise is called Nobunaga’s Ambition: Taishi (from Japanese translation, not definitive title) and it’s currently at 20% of its development, due out in Japan this winter. Famitsu published infos given by Koei along with an interview of producer Hiroyuki Koyama and director Kouji Kimata. Here’s all we’ve got so far, courtesy of Gemastu:
- 3D Maps: They will be more detailed than the previous episodes. For example, the nationwide maps have been improved to show 100 times more details.
- Will System: Each warlord has a proper “will”, a way of life that indicates how he acts. Since each warlord’s will is different, it influences the commands and tactics you’ll choose on the battlefield. With this system, developers want you to taste the feeling of being against people. For example, partway through the final goal set for each Daimyō, if he is judged to be harmful, he will be seen as an enemy.
- Two Phases of Battle: Battles now consist of Command Phases and Advance Phases. Time is stopped during the Command Phases, so you can calmly think about what you want to do. The Advance Phases are in real time, the heart of battle when you make your moves and attack the enemy.
- Evolution of AI: Daimyō’s AI have been improved to will-associated goals. In previous games, their actions were based on the current situation. Now, goals are the underlying thought, and Daimyō have a multilateral judgment based on will (i.e. “What kind of actions are necessary to achieve my goal?“).
- Number of Warlords: There is about the same number of warlords appearing in this game as in Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence – Ascension (more than 2,000).
- New Battle Elements: Developers have plans to include new elements during battle. Along with huge territories, lots of troops and vassals’ equaled strength, they’ll implement a system where the level of power exhibited will change based on the compatibility between the Daimyō and vassals’ will.