We might not have our Monster Hunter yet on the Switch (soon maybe), but Capcom is decided to bring at least one game for the early players of Nintendo’s latest hardware. And what else could it be than our favourite fighting game from the arcade days, revived in a shiny updated version called Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers.
Announced back in January, USFII: The Final Challengers marks the beginning of the Street Fighter’s 30th anniversary celebration. It’ll be a brand-new remixed version of 1994’s Super Street Fighter II Turbo, with new control options, multiple game modes, online play and added content.
- New ways of playing: Classic one-player modes with dual Joy-Con or Switch Pro Controller; Two-player modes with separated Joy-Cons.
- Lite or Pro controls: Lite controls = perform special moves/combos by either pressing the touch screen or a single button. Pro controls = classic button inputs engrained into players’ muscle memory.
- 5 classic game modes: Arcade, Buddy Battle, Versus, Online, Training
- New “Way of the Hado” mode: Experience what it’s like to be Ryu in this first-person mode, with motion controls to perform moves (Shoryuken, Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, Shinku Hadoken)
- 17 classic characters + 2 new fighters: Violent Ken (brainwashed by M. Bison) & Evil Ryu (succumbed to darkness)
- Colour Editor to customise the colour scheme of your favourite character
- Dual graphics: classic arcade style / new high-definition 3D style
- Gallery bonus: over 1,400 highly detailed illustrations from throughout the Street Fighter series, taken from the out-of-print “Street Fighter Artworks: Supremacy” book.
And as usual when Capcom throws the big guns with the promotion of a new video game, they’ve hosted a special live gameplay session during the Capcom TV show. Enjoy!