Nintendo is coming to Insomnia60, UK’s biggest gaming festival (14 to 17 April – NEC Birmingham), with a unique “Nintendo Zone”. This special installation will feature playable games on Nintendo Switch, live demos, competitions, tournaments, quizzes and a cosplay event.
And for the first time, the festival will host a Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses orchestral concert on Sunday 16 April! The event is really a must hear for all the Zelda fans that enjoy the original soundtracks of the games. The Symphony of the Goddesses was created for the 25th Anniversary of the series back in 2012. But the success was so enormous that it just keeps going even now, and the setlist gets updated with the latest Zelda games. Maybe we’ll have the surprise of orchestral interpretations on Breath of the Wild!
Here is the full listing of what will be featured in the Nintendo Zone:
- Playable games: ARMS, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, others to be announced.
- Gameplay demonstrations of several Nintendo Switch games
- Tournaments: Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers, Snipperclips, 1-2-Switch, Super Bomberman R
- Competitions on mini-games featured in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Quiz about The Legend of Zelda franchise
- The Legend of Zelda Cosplay Masquerade
Tickets for Insomnia60 are available on the official website of the festival. You can also get 10% off all day tickets with promo code ‘INSOMNIANINTENDO’. The Symphony of the Goddesses concert tickets are sold separately, on Zelda Symphony.